Pages

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Beginning

There are so many things I have wanted to share during my college experience, so I decided I should start a blog.  This is just to document my journey from finishing the academic and performance requirements for my music education degree through student teaching and the summer and fall afterwards while I prepare for graduate school auditions. 

I have discovered some really neat things about myself and this next year is all about self exploration.  I will be moving away on my own and looking for what I want to do for the rest of my life.  All I know right now is that it will definitely include my violin :)

I hope that this will be a collection of tales about music, life, and following my heart where ever it takes me!


My senior recital has come and gone.  Sad, happy, uplifting, and depressing all at the same time.  I'm proud of myself for doing it, loving it, and growing on the road getting there, but now that its over, there is an empty feeling in my life.  I loved almost every minute of the preparation.  I could hear my improvement everyday.  Without the recital hovering over my life, I seem to have lost some of my sense of purpose.  It is difficult to be motivated to practice when there are no deadlines looming, no juries, no concerts. 

This lack of deadlines is exactly what is going to make the next year so difficult.  I am going to set goals here, and stick with them.  My first goal is basic and straight forward.  I want to improve my vibrato.  I'll let you know how it goes!

2 comments:

  1. Lissa, props to you for being a "go-getter" and setting goals, and hopefully sticking to a Blog! I have tried, unsuccessfully, but I would love to read your tales, especially because you'll be leaving me!

    I'm going to set a goal for myself and both of us: stay in touch after marriage for me and a new road life for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure your journey will be full of discovery and joy. The lull after sr recital will quickly evolve into the next adventure.

    ReplyDelete