Pages

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Practicing...grrrrrr...

I have always taken for granted how easy it is to practice.  There was time during the day and at night and there were practice rooms right there.  Convenient and easy.  This past week I have been working almost full time (which is good 'cause money is always helpful) and finding time to practice is difficult.  I have practiced in the lab, but right when I'm in the middle of something good, a student walks in and I have to stop...this almost seems to do more harm then good with all of the disruptions in my focus.  GRRRR!!!  Add to that my focus is just so much better in the morning than at night which is unfortunate since I work 8-5 (that sounds ominous...) that I am going to have to find a way to practice productively after dinner.  I have not been able to do this successfully on a regular basis since I started college. 

With all of that ranting out of the way, my vibrato is slowly growing.  I can shape it a little more each time I work with it!  This is great!  I am not a huge fan of the "one speed fits all" vibrato that I have had for years, so this is really exciting to work on. 

New goals for this week: practice at night at least 4 days in a row to try to build up some night focus stamina, lots of technique/etude work, and start work on the Bach E major Partita!

No comments:

Post a Comment