Pages

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Ready, Get Set...MOVE!

Less than one month to go, wait for it... 25 days!  It's official.  I am actually counting down the days until I leave.  We start driving on July 29 and end up in Milwaukee on July 31 with 2 stops in between.  Whew!  I am super excited and extremely terrified at the same time.  I am in the process of pairing down all of my possessions to a few boxes that will be stored here of things and what will fit in my car.  Everything else is going.  I'm selling all of my furniture (except the bed which my parents will hold onto for me, cause its amazing) and everything else I forgot I owned that I no longer have a need for.  Can you say way to much stuff???  So here I am gearing up for a garage sale, trying to sell stuff on Craigslist, and attempting to squeeze as much time in with friends and family here in CO. 

I am also practicing.  Big surprise, I know.  There is an audition to be on the sub list for the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra this fall and I intend to take it.  So I am back to learning excerpts, dusting off a Mozart concerto and playing lots of scales.  I am also playing in summer "teacher" orchestra.  A bunch of the orchestra teachers in the school district I taught in get together and play once a week to help non-string playing orchestra teachers get better at playing string instruments, share music ideas and generally laugh a lot.  It's a blast :)

Not to let you think I am getting bored, I am also quilting/crafting a lot.  I have started to try and make clothes, new for me, and the first one turned out ok.  I need to adjust the elastic, but all in all I was pleased.  I am attempting to finish a set of "calendar" quilts I started with my mom a year and a half ago.  She made them all, I got distracted halfway through...typical me.  We are also planning a project that we can both work on together over Facetime(gotta love the iPads) for the next 2 years while I'm in grad school.  I am really excited for it.  Check out McKenna Ryan's In Full Bloom patterns, that is what we're doing!

So how is all of this going you ask?  Well, let me tell you trying to fit everything I need AND everything I want into my Maxima (not a small car but definitely not an SUV) is super stressful.  I mean, I have 3 instruments, music, a stand, a sewing machine, fabric, clothes, and shoes.  And those are the essentials... I love those space saver vacuum bags, they are saving the day!  I will definitely share pictures of the packed car, I'm sure it will be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment