Pages

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Almost there!

The crazy week is halfway done! I am taking a short break this morning to get some "house keeping" done which has been sidelined for over a week now. Progress update:

Violin midterm, done
Pedagogy midterm, done I might even know how I did this afternoon!
Practicing with my accompanist, first one done, second one today (I still have lots to do...)
Recordings paper, turned in
Rough draft, almost done (only one more section to go...)
Presentation, halfway...ish
Method book compiled and layout started (this has sparked two separate ideas that I'm hoping will eventually turn into something that can be presented at an ASTA conference or published in the ASTA journal!)

And just so you don't think I'm not busy enough, I have also made progress on my mini twister quilt :)







And here is a look at my organization of quotes/citations for my research project. Kudos to my roommate for suggesting I take over a wall in our living room to do it. I've been sitting on the floor writing my paper and it has worked rather well!




In other news, I think winter is finally starting to seep in. Almost all of the leaves are down on the trees across the street from my apartment, and it's wet outside...very wet. I'm hoping I don't get soaked on my walk to the bus! And I finally had to replace my backpack :( the one I've had for 11 years. No one can say I don't get my money's worth out of things. The new one is really stiff, and a bit smaller. I'm hoping this encourages me to not bring extraneous things with me which is a tendency I have. I haven't had a chance to spray it with the waterproofing spray yet, but it's a North Face and claims to be water resistant. We will see.

Today's practicing will include Bach, Lalo, orchestra music, and working on my string crossings (they are stiff lately and I need to smooth them out).

I'm listening to the Philip Glass violin concerto as I write this and it has inspired me to leave for school a bit early for some extra time in the practice room!

No comments:

Post a Comment