Pages

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Spring wonderfulness

Hello again!  I have been relaxing, enjoying the warmth and catching up on some fun reading and projects.  

I finished one of the two place mats' tops that will match a table runner I'm making and have put the binding on my mom's gorgeous king sized bed quilt.  My Christmas gift to her was doing the binding (she really doesn't like binding...) after the quilting is all done.  I finished it in an hour and 45 minutes.  Not to shabby for my first king sized quilt :)  She just needs to finish up quilting the borders and the pillow shams.  It has been a project 2 years in the making, and is going to be stunning when it's all done and on her bed!

I also spent way too much money on thread in an attempt to match colors for my Twitter quilt top.  I have been working on it slowly but surely for the past month, and my goal is to take home the top completely finished.  So I just need to add the borders and finish securing the applique flowers and flower centers.  It shouldn't take long.  I am planning on setting up the iHome while I'm sewing and listening to the 5th Harry Potter book :D

I am also practicing lots of concertos.  I have 2 Viotti concertos and 2 de Beriot concertos, as well as the 2nd and possibly 3rd movements of the 5th Beethoven sonata and a host of exercises and etudes.  Lots of fun.  I really needed some time away from my instrument, but I am enjoying getting back into the swing of it now.  I think being on break helps with that. 

Next week will be busy again: there is an orchestra concert next Friday, it is going to be really good, and I have volunteered to help create accessible print materials for other students on campus.  I had a violin student a few years ago who had some vision issues and needed enlarged music as well as enlarged everything for school, and she was always frustrated when she couldn't see what was handed out because someone forgot, so this is something I would love to do to help out another student and make their life just a little bit easier.  It's easy to forget sometimes that I really am lucky.

I am experimenting with fonts and sizes and stuff, so don't be shocked if things are different in the next few posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment