Pages

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April Showers...wash the snow away?

It has been a long and cold winter.  I have never been cold for so long in my life.  And yes, I know I'm a wimp.  I didn't used to be...but moving to WI made me a cold wimp :( 

However, on a happier note, spring is coming!  Slowly but surely :) The birds are singing sometimes, there is way less snow and the temperatures are above freezing!  Yay!!! I'm personally hoping for a rainy season, I love the rain: it is rejuvenating! 

I have been steadily working away on several projects including my huge research paper for this semester on Aaron Copland and his collaboration with Martha Graham that culminated with Appalachian Spring in 1944.  I have always loved this piece and studying its conception and the creative process is fascinating.  There were several hitches along the way, but the final product is stunning.

I am also compiling a comprehensive list of viola literature (concertos, sonatas, solo pieces, and other works for viola) which is interesting and much more difficult than I originally thought it would be.  I am trying to decide the best way to list it right now, as well as still adding too it.  I don't know how I would do it without IMSLP!

I have several goals for April:
Finish Copland Paper (due April 14)
Finish the viola repertoire list
Memorize my de Beriot concerto
Deep clean the apartment
Pack away winter clothes and pull out stuff for donation
Finish the top of Twitter
Finish the Sparks table runner and placemats
Make a surprise birthday gift for a friend
Potholders for the apartment
A Zipper pouch for another friend as a Congrats on a new job gift
Make a new wallet and check book cover for myself

If I finish all of of those things, then there are a few others :)
Write the Lalo comparison paper for my studio class (Due May 5)
Make a wallet for my aunt to match her purse
Finish cutting out the fabric for my next bed quilt
Finish fusing the applique for the garden quilt
Make the background for the garden quilt

No comments:

Post a Comment