Pages

Monday, May 19, 2014

Home at last :)

It is so great to be home! 1,100-ish miles in two days is doable, not crazy fun, but doable. After spending 3 days packing, cleaning, and moving it is a little bit less doable, so I'm really glad I didn't have to drive anywhere yesterday :)

I have just over three weeks in glorious Colorado! So little time, but I'm planning a lot of fun things that just can't be done anywhere else: I'm playing the final concert of the season with the orchestra I played with before leaving for grad school this week, I'm hiking up the Mesa behind my parents house, buying a new-to-me bike with my dad, hanging out with the dog, and spending tons of time with my friends and family here. I'm really looking forward to all of it :)

Then, it's another huge road trip out to Maine. Solo. (My mom came with me on the drive home and it's always easier when there is someone else in the car.) I will back track to Milwaukee with more of my things to use in the new apartment next year and stay with a friend for a day and then drive to northeast Ohio, then southern New Hampshire, and then Maine. I tried really hard to keep the driving each day under 12 hours just in case I run into any construction or other problems. My sense of distance is totally screwed up looking at maps of states out east...they are so small in comparison to what I'm used too. It should be fun, and exhausting all at the same time.

It's been a crazy couple of weeks, and I'm looking forward to a little bit of time off to sew and practice and sleep in!



No comments:

Post a Comment