Pages

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Just around the corner


Summer is coming! Not here in Wisconsin (at least not anytime soon) but I will be heading towards it in just 10 days! I'm ready to get back home for a while. Before then, there are lots of things to do....

My roommate and I are just now starting to get our things organized to put into the storage unit we're renting for the summer. We check out of our apartment in 9 days. The reason for our procrastination is practical - we have finals. I have one project, one paper, one jury, one concert, and one more final before I'm done. Then I can worry about packing everything. So in snatched moments of time I'm making lists of everything I need to keep out of storage :) I don't know about anyone else, but moving is really hard and I'm very much looking forward to being at a point in my life that I don't have to for a while!

Then once everything is packed away, I'm driving back to glorious Colorado with my mom. Three and a half weeks at home to play more concerts, visit, and hopefully start to get rid of the super white color of my skin before I'm driving back to WI with stuff for my apartment next year. New roommate in a new apartment and we will need more of my stuff. I'm trying not to think of how it will all get back to CO after graduation.

Then, and this is the truly exciting part, I will be driving to Hancock, Maine to play violin and viola at the Pierre Monteux School for orchestra and conducting! I am so excited I can hardly wait!!! 6 weeks on the coast of ME playing music, it doesn't get much better than that. And my family is going to vacation there for a week so I'll get to see them too :) plus I'm planning to visit friends along the drive out and back that I otherwise don't get to see.

So until then, studying, practicing, packing, and lots of time with friends :)


No comments:

Post a Comment