Pages

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Trying something new :)

It has been a crazy week so far, and since I woke up and it was raining this morning I decided to do crafty things in the apartment this morning instead of schlepping to school to practice and research in the library.  Don't worry, I won't ignore my school work, I'm just going to do it later :)

In that spirit, I have thought about linking up to WIP Wednesday for ages, but it has never worked out for me to do it before now.  Either I didn't have pictures of a WIP from that week or I didn't actually work on anything that week (ah, the joys of grad school...).  

But this week I have a WIP AND pictures!!!  So here goes:

This is the "Twitter" top I have been working on.  I finished it after almost 2 years in progress on Sunday night.  The lighting is really bad during the day in my apartment, but especially so at 10:30 at night.

I saw this quilt in a McCall's magazine pattern and loved the fabric that the designer used, so, of course I ordered it online.  Fast-forward 2 years and I am trying really hard not to buy any fabric as I already have too much to be moving every 9-12 months so I decided to piece the backing with as much of the leftover fabric from the front as possible.  I've never done this before, so I spent a lovely afternoon with my roommate, former roommate, and her current roommate playing with the pieces trying to see how to best fit them together for the back.  I don't have enough, but it is really close!  I'm guessing less than a yard short :)  What you don't see in this picture is all of the leftover strips that I am sewing together into blocks that will also go somewhere on the back.
This is what my sewing corner in my apartment looks like.  The strips and blocks are everywhere on the table... I hope I can finish up the back by next week because I would really love to finish up this project!

I'm linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced for the first time!

Otherwise, life is pretty normal.  My weeks are crazy on Mondays and Tuesdays, but Wednesdays and Thursdays are pretty tame and I have Fridays off!  You know, for extra practice time and research/writing.  I am also planning my travel to visit family in October, different family for Thanksgiving, and going home for Christmas :)  

And, perhaps my biggest WIP of all, I have a set program for my gradutate violin recital next semester!!! Yes!!! I LOVE all of my pieces and I am really looking forward to working on them for the next several months.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun quilt back you're making! The fabric looks so different from the front but that's night vision, right? Good luck with your graduate recital, too.

    ReplyDelete