Pages

Friday, September 26, 2014

Yay for practicing!!!!

I have a job!  An official, paid, orchestra job!!!  Let the happy dance begin :)  I won my first audition on Tuesday evening and I start playing in January!!!  Sorry for all of the ! but I am really excited :)  This is all part of my plan, and it feels so good knowing that I can actually win an audition and that all of my years of practicing have paid off.  10 years ago, I was fully intending to attend college for a degree in astrophysics and ultimately pursue a PhD...now I'm 9 months away from having a Masters degree in music performance.  Crazy how life turns out :)

Because I am me, and now that I've secured one job, I'm applying for another :) Yep.  I am sending a resume for another audition later this year.  I would love to make this other orchestra as well.  It would be great to be able to have these two lined up so that I can be making some money right out of school and not have to move back in with my parents.  I know they love me and support me, but let's be honest, if I am able to live on my own I will be more proud of myself and I'm sure they will be relieved that I can take care of myself :)

In the mean time, I am hanging out with friends this evening to break up the marathon study, writing, research, and practice sessions going on.  I'll leave you with some pictures that aptly show my week!

This is my practice room.  And yes, I do consider it mine.  I haven't used any other room yet this semester :)


My glorious new Crockpot! I love it :) Blue dots.  Need I say more???

In my quest to make thank you gifts for everyone I stayed with this summer, I made this little purple mug rug for Em.  She was super sweet and I know she likes to sit and sip her coffee in the morning so I thought this could brighten up her table :)  That, and I love making mini things...it's an affliction...

I saw a peck of wild turkeys on my walk back from campus one day this week, these two were only a few feet away and there were 3 others on the opposite side of the fence.  I love wild life sightings in the middle of the city :)

This picturesque street is one I walk down most days on my way to campus.  It's beautiful and relaxing; not a bad way to start my mornings :)





That's all I've got for now, have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment