Pages

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Focus and Determination

I have been digging deep to find focus to practice and it came in the form of my determination to pass my hearing and graduate.  I am so ready to be done, so I decided that the best thing for me to do is create a new routine that would set me up for success.  This involves actually getting out of bed when my alarm goes off (instead of pressing snooze) because I am way more productive practicing in the mornings.  Then I have the afternoons and evenings for extra practice, taking care of stuff around the apartment and sewing.  It worked great for two days.  Then I got a migraine and spent 12 hours sleeping...now I need to get back into the flow.  At least it happened before classes started, right?  I was able to finish 3 long languishing projects yesterday before the headache hit: I now have 2 pretty holiday placemats and one holiday coaster.  The second coaster is almost done and I hope to finish it today :)  So, hopefully I'm back on track tomorrow!




1 comment:

  1. You must have a lot of focus and determination to accomplish all you do. Congrats on the paying orchestra gig. Best wishes for your graduate recital.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a kind word. I would have replied by email but you are a "no-reply blogger" which would be an easy fix if you would like to hear back from other quilters. . Bonnie Hunter at Quiltville has a how to fix tutorial here...http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2014/08/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html

    happy quilting ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete