Pages

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Looking Back and Moving Forward

It was a crazy year of ups and downs and feeling like I've been running a million miles an hour for months.  I'm sure many people can relate!  I'm home for the holidays now (and loving it!!!) and have started to catch my breath a bit :)

The year started cold.  REALLY, REALLY COLD.  Enough said.  I spent quality time panicking about my lack of definitive summer plans and practicing like a crazy person. 

I packed up my apartment and moved it into a storage unit (in the rain) and left on "The Great Adventure" which was a huge solo road trip from CO to Maine and then back to Milwaukee.  It was long, but I really enjoyed myself and I finished listening to all of the Harry Potter books on CD which was fun :) Spending the summer playing in Maine was amazing!!! I had an fantastic time, took lots of pictures, did lots of hiking and bike riding, and left a much better player than I arrived.  All in all, one of my favorite summers ever!


After arriving back in WI, I joined the world of social media and set up an Instagram account! Eeep! I've been having a lot of fun connecting with friends and generally enjoying myself :)

Then the crazy hit after Labor Day.  This past semester has by far been the busiest I've ever been in school and I don't think I've ever worked harder.  I knew it would be crazy, but I still wasn't fully prepared for the madness.  Oh well.  I survived, mostly in tact.  I have one more giant paper, my recital hearing, and one more comprehensive exam to successfully pass/complete and then just one class and orchestra rehearsals and then I will be done! Yay!!!  I'm so looking forward to graduation in May :)

2015 is shaping up to be just as busy as the second half of 2014...how did that happen???  I'm home for another 10 days and then I'm back to school for my new job (YAY!!!!) and final work on my recital proposal and practicing for my hearing.  Then, once I successfully pass the hearing its time for the job search.  Oh...my...goodness...  I'm so nervous that I won't find anything that is what I really want to do in a place I actually want to live.  Is this how everyone feels???  Plus, I am a planner so not knowing is already starting to drive me kind of crazy.  Sigh.

Then, in March, is what all of the hard work and practicing is for!  My graduate recital :)  I am really looking forward to it and ridiculously nervous all at the same time and it is still 2 months away...  My rep list is amazing: Bach E Major Partita, Beethoven Spring Sonata, Bolcom Graceful Ghost Rag and the Sonate Posthume by Ravel.  Fabulous :)

The other bit of crazy for the first part of the year is my parents are moving!  I'm so happy for them that they found a house they both like, and I hope they don't go crazy packing up this one.  

Best Wishes for 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment