Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

New year, new projects, old music

Oh. My. Goodness.  I am in a funk universe.  Why???  This is possibly the worst possible time to be in a funk!!!  There are deadlines and important events coming up that need preparation and all I want to do is sleep in, read a book, maybe take a walk...not accomplish anything productive.  No.  That would be crazy...  I think part of my problem is I've been playing the same music for over a year.  I am ready to move on, but I can't change my rep so I'm stuck trying to figure out a way to get motivated.

So I made some lists.  Lists help me focus and give me something to work towards.  I LOVE crossing things off lists.  I feel productive.  (Sometimes I have to stop myself from putting silly things on the list that I do everyday like eat breakfast just to cross something off...)  I made a school list, a recital list, a January list, and a sewing list.  Yep.  4 lists.  Gross and satisfying all at the same time.  Here they are:

School:
1. Finish the final draft of my recital proposal paper.  I have sent the rough draft out for editing and am waiting for it to come back for final edits before submission.
2. Pass my recital hearing.  
3. Play an awesome recital.
4. Take (and pass) the second half of the music history comprehensive exam.
5. Take (and pass) the music theory comprehensive exam.
6. GRADUATE!!!

Recital:
1. schedule the time and room for my hearing
2. pay the fee to use the recital hall
3. write program notes
4. create the program and submit for printing
5. create posters, print, and cover the music building hallways with them!

January:
1. Get an emissions test for my car and mail it back home so my car is legal...
2. Get #1 in the School list and #1 and 2 in the recital list done.
3. Pay tuition.  This one is painful and necessary...
4. Deep clean my apartment.  It's clean-ish now, but I'm pretty sure I won't have any time to clean this semester so I want to start with it sparkling!
5. As many sewing projects as possible.

Sewing (otherwise known as the fun list!)
Quilts:
1. Candy Corner, quilting and binding
2. Twitter, quilting and binding
3. Winter Stars, 2 more blocks, finish the top, quilt and bind
4. HP book case (check out the button on the right!) QAL running for 30 weeks
5. Blue diamonds, keep making blocks
6. Maple leaves, this is an idea with fabric in mind
7. Wave Length, this is a pattern with fabric in mind
8. Plus quilt, this is a pattern and specific fabric waiting to be started
9. Rose window, the applique is done and it needs to be quilted and finished
10. Christmas quilt, fabric is picked out but I don't have a pattern yet
11. Halloween quilt, top and back are done and binding is made, needs to be basted, quilted and bound
12. ABC Animals, applique is done, embroidery needs to be finished and the quilt finished
13. Double Wedding Ring, this is just an idea floating in my mind, but the more I think about it the more I love it!
14. 100 Blocks sampler, I have 4 or 5 of the 100 block magazines and I have so many favorite blocks that I want to make a sampler quilt.  Or 2.  Or 3...
15. Rock Candy mini quilt, ruler is on its way!
16. Mini Swoon, no immediate plans, but it will be amazing!
Other projects:
1. Lined Drawstring Bags for both of my cameras
2. New everyday purse, I'm thinking the smaller version of the Daytripper by Dog Under my Desk
3. Tunic top
4. Hexi pillow
5. Placemats for E & Z wedding gift
6. Peppermint holiday coasters
7. Holiday twister placemats and coasters
8. Apron
9. Velcro on the floor cushion covers
(That's 25 projects, but only 10 have been started, so it's really not that bad...right?)

I used a new quilt last night...loved being under a king sized quilt on my tiny coach :) it was extra cozy!

1 comment:

  1. This is one impressive list of goals ... even the "fun" list. The king size quilt is gorgeous. I have to go looking for more photos of that one ... ;) Pat

    ReplyDelete