Pages

Monday, January 4, 2016

New beginnings!

My favorite time of year is the entire season from Halloween through New Years.  I love the lights, the family time, the kindness of others, all of it! 

And, at the end I get to reflect on the year and make some goals for the new one :)  (we all know how much I like lists!)  So, in that spirit, I am sharing what I am most proud of from 2015 and what I'm looking forward to for 2016.

I graduated from UWM with a Master's Degree in Violin Performance!!! This is the thing I am most proud of, from last year, and from my life as a whole :)

I finished 4 couch or bed quilts, the most I've ever done in one year, 2 tree skirts, 2 other quilt tops, and 1 mini quilt. 

I became a cross stitcher!  It's so much fun and has slightly taken over my quilting time...

I moved back to Colorado and have been attempting to make a go as a freelance player and teacher (so far its working out) while living on my own as an adult.  Some days are better than others. 


In 2016, I have plans!  Not crazy ones, but some exciting ones none the less. 

I have 13 students and I want to triple that number so I am no longer needing to work as a substitute teacher (which is fun, but not what I really want to be doing).

I am practicing (what else is new???) like crazy now that I'm full recovered from my wrist injury so that I can win an audition for a paid orchestra job!  This is my main goal, I am super excited and hopeful.

I joined my first ever swap on Instagram.   I'll let you know how that goes, it should be fun.

I have several quilts planned/in progress and I would love to be able to finish them up.  Let's be honest though, I have the attention span of a gnat, so I'm not sure how well this one will go. 


No matter what comes, here's to a fantastic 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment